Friday, April 24, 2009

Angela,

I read this poem today and thought of you.

Last night I watched a show where a young daughter slipped away in her fathers arms, and I could not help but cry while thinking of you.

I think of you daily. I can only hope that in those five minutes that I held you while you were with us, you could feel the lifetime of love your father and I will carry for you. You are a regular part of our conversations. Danny looks just like you sometimes when he is sleeping, so through him I see you. He will know all about you.

God saw you getting tired
and a cure was not to be
and he put his arms around you
and said "Come to Me"
With tearful eyes we watched you
and saw you pass away and
although we love you dearly
we could not make you stay.
A Golden heart stopped beating,
hard working hands at rest,
God broke our hearts to prove us
he only takes the best.
~Author Unknown


I love you.

No comments: