Thursday, April 19, 2007

10W1D - How I told David

I seemed to have skipped the story of how David found out we were having a baby.

On Friday, March 9th, I took at test around 6:00 AM before I showered for work. I saw the line and was so excited! I wanted to surprise him with something fun....so I waited ALL DAY. That was torture.

After work I stopped at Toys R Us on the way home and went into their baby section. I found two cute bibs, one pink and one blue, both said "I love my Daddy".

I walked into the house just before David and threw them in my closet. Close call.

We were deciding where to go for dinner, and I desperately wanted The Olive Garden. I love that place! Plus, it was Lent and I couldn't take one more fish fry. Gross. The Olive Garden was advertising some Crab Alfredo dinner and it looked so good. I digress.

When I was in the basement, Dave asked me to grab him a beer. So, I grabbed a Sam Adams for him. We also had these giant 22oz bottles that we had just brewed at the Brew Kettle, but I passed on that knowing I couldn't have any and just brought up the one beer.

Dave figured it out right away. He asked why I didn't grab the big beer, and I couldn't help but burst out laughing. He just looked at me, smiled and said "You're pregnant aren't you?". So, he ruined my surprise, but I guess I gave it away. It's not really a surprise that can be ruined anyway :) I ran to the closet, got him the bibs and he just looked at them like "Holy Cow". Then I showed him the positive tests. All he could say was "You peed on those. That's gross. Wash your hands". Oh how I love the sentimental side of him :)

From there, we went to dinner and ate our tasty Olive Garden meals. We were both still a little shell shocked by the news.

I took another test on Sunday, and the line was even darker. I was running around the house like an idiot so excited and Dave just kept looking at me like I was crazy :) It was early. Really early. And he didn't want to jinx it.

Dave gave me a beautiful card Monday night (March 12th). It sat on the bed all evening waiting for me to find it. I saw it right before bed and read it and it was so nice. I've read it a dozen times since and keep it by my bed. It is our first Mom/Dad/Parent card.

Mom! That still makes me smile every time I say it or think about it :)

No comments: