Tuesday, April 10, 2007

8W6D -- And Our First Picture!


Wow. Today was a fabulous day! We went to see Dr. David and got our first picture of our little pepper! What a feisty little thing. S/he was moving all over the place! We could see the heartbeat, but not hear it. It was like a little white fleck just pumping away. I think Dr. David said s/he was 8cm.


She gave us a range of due dates. She said the baby measured at 8 weeks and 6 days. My online calculator had us at 8 weeks and 1 day. Not too far off. She thought maybe November 15th or November 20/21. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll be home from the hospital in time for Thanksgiving! My all time favorite food holiday :)


Dr. David said that our baby looked great! She said that the baby looked strong too. Both good things. She even told me I could drink Diet Coke. I love her! However, I've cut down to one a week, and I'll maintain that.


She kind of contradicted herself though. I asked about my sinuses and she said to avoid sinus stuff unless I'm on my death bed. Now, this is not what she told me two weeks ago. Back then she said I could have it in moderation. So, no more sinus medicine.


I still feel great. Just a little bit tired. Smell sensitivity comes and goes. But no sickness, woo-hoo!


Today we told Dave's parents and Jodi & Mark. Dave and I were ready to jump in the car and head to the west side when I realized that Lori was at Kalahari. So, we will head west tomorrow. I want to make the rounds all at once. I want to tell everyone in person, including Chris. I will wait until he comes into town for Jack's First Communion. So, tomorrow the Sherman clan will find out. I couldn't contain myself. I have been dying to tell someone. So, we had the picture in hand and went to make the first rounds. Everyone was so excited!



I'll post tomorrow after we tell the Sherman's!!!

2 comments:

Crazy Aunt Jackie said...

ante Susie i can not wait till s/he will come. how did the shermans react i hope the small thing a boy because i have 3 boy cousins and 5 girl cousins.i hope you are home 4 thanksgiving so you can eat your favorit meal with your famly

Anonymous said...

Good words.