Tuesday, June 12, 2007

17W6D

I'm grumpy today.

The only side effect of being pregnant that I've experienced is the increased need to PEE. Honestly, it is just silly. I get up at least three times a night.

Right now, David and his Dad are working on gutting the bathroom right by our bedroom. This is great because we'll have a new bathroom in a few weeks. This is bad because now I'll have to go downstairs in the middle of the night. Lovely. Considering other then the fact I pee a lot, this pregnancy has been a non-issue. Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant.

Lori gave me her Doppler a few weekends ago. This is quite fun to use. I get to hear the heartbeat on demand. Sometimes the little bugger moves around and in between heartbeats you can hear this "swoosh, swoosh". Sounds a little ET like. I didn't know that was the baby moving until the doctor pointed it out at our last appointment.

We find out next Wednesday (June 20th) what we're having. I'm really excited to find out now that I've given in. I'm nervous though too. Knowing the sex will make it real. The name game will be fun :) If we have a boy, we already have the name. If we have a girl, well, that will be a doozy to figure out. We definitely won't share our girls name when we do decide on one because facial expressions will just bug me. I totally know I'm guilty of this, so in order to avoid that, the girl name will be top secret.

The other day David and I were driving around and talking about girl names. He was teasing and said "Sasha". I don't dislike the name, but burst out laughing because I cannot say "Sasha Shafer" to save my life. It is like the "sh sh" back to back just ties my tongue and causes immediate heart distress. Try it. Ooh.. maybe we should go with "Sasha Sherman Shafer"

Did I mention that David and his Dad are both hammering away upstairs removing tile? ANNOYING. While I'm grateful they're doing it, OMG I did not think it would be so painful to listen too.

What else...Oh. Sometimes when David's driving and I fear for my life (I'm only half kidding) and I have minor heart attacks, I always wonder if the baby does too. I know this is dumb, but I've become that front seat passenger that everyone hates. I no longer gasp, but I flinch, and sometimes this is just as bad. It drives Dave nuts :) He'll just look at me and go "WHAT?!"

Have I made a list of how many friends/family of mine are pregnant? Lots! In order of due dates...
1. Dawn Thatcher -- July 19th
2. Kim Elgin (cousin) -- September 9th
3. Sarah Walden (friend) -- November 3rd (GIRL!)
4. Beth Arnold Colagrassi (cousin) -- November 15th
5. Gretchen Giannatti (friend) -- November 19ish (BOY!)

I feel like I'm missing someone?? I know it will come to me in the middle of the night on one of my treks to the basement bathroom.

OK. I'm going to look at Priceline.com right now. Dave and I are thinking of going to Niagara Falls this summer and I'm in charge of hotels :)

No comments: