Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Could have been a better day

Today could have been a much better day. Instead of getting into the details, I'd like to ask everyone to say a prayer for David, our baby girl, and me this weekend. During the ultrasound, the doctor identified an issue that will require us to have an amnio tomorrow.

Fortunately, for both David and I, we had invited our Mom's to join us. This was a Godsend in and of itself. Funny, as married adults becoming parents, the reassurance of our own parents presence was so calming and needed.

I'm not sure what time our test will be tomorrow. It will be at the Cleveland Clinic in Beachwood. I am to call at 8:00 AM to see how quickly they can get us. They told me they would fit us in because it will be considered an "emergency amnio".

We're obviously on an emotional roller coaster today and hope that this test is all for additional reassurance and that our baby is healthy.

On a very positive note, one of my best friends just went through this process for many of the same reasons, and her results came back perfect. We are hoping for the same.

No comments: