Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tomorrow is a Big Day

Not just for us. My Aunt is going to receive her first chemo treatment beginning at 1:30. Prior to that, she'll have some blood work done to make sure everything is a go. She'll have (4) cycles that are each three weeks long with every third Monday off. Please keep her in your thoughts tomorrow. It is the first day of many battles and I'm sure she is scared. I know I would be.

We've had a pretty good weekend. We watched a lot of movies. Thursday night we watched "You, Me and Dupree". Funny. Friday afternoon, we went and saw "Spiderman 3" and then Friday night we watched "Blood Diamonds".

We've also done a lot around the yard. David mulched the whole front yard while I watched. Today we planted some annuals in the front and yesterday we planted a vine thing that will grow up the light pole and bloom pink flowers. Hopefully next year it will come in nice and full.
We did a lot of putzing around the house too.

Yesterday we went to a restaurant on Harvard called Abuelo's. Yummy. I highly recommend it. They have the best mashed potatoes! I had a virgin frozen margarita and it was great. Probably not as good as David's real one, but as good as it's going to get for a while.

My mom came over last night and had us laughing. We told funny stories about pregnancy, grandparents, and all of our grand plans for "perfect" kids. Ha. That is so funny. We know we should "Never say never" but still, it's fun to sit on our high horses before the reality of kids hits.

Well, I'm off to watch the season finale of 'House' and then some shows on HBO...and indulge in some homemade strawberry shortcake.

Less then 24-hours.

Please keep us in your thoughts and our Aunt Rosie.

Love,
Susie

No comments: